Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My day at Gymboree

This is my first time I attend a lesson. It was at Gymboree Harbour Front.
Mummy sign me up for their level 3 trial lesson meant for 10mth~16mths babies.
It was say to encourage discovery, balance and coordination as parents learn to understand how their child interacts and communicates with them and the world.

To me it was fun time! I have a big playground to play with!
There were alot of toys & balls too!

I was not scare of climbing up the steps/slope or even crawl into the little tunnel! She is glad that I did not snatch other babies toys or mind that my toy has to give to others. She is proud that I am able to complete the task asked & not scare of the tunnel nor the crowd.

During the class I love the bubble session most! mummy has taught me to blurst bubbles during bath time. When I see it there I also point to burst it too!

Not even when they cover us with a big cloth & bring it up & down. I love the colorful cloth over me!

I was so engross in playing I did not listen to what the trainer wants. All I want is play what I like. Mummy has to keep up with me. I kept crawling & walking away from her when everyone is sitting in circle, she is really not happy that I can't stay still even for a sec. She wonders why I can't stay still when others can.

After the class, the trainer told us that I have performed even better than this level & suggest mummy to let me try a higher level instead. Cos this level seems too boring for me, thats why I was not interested in the trainer at all.

This new level is to figure out how the world works and become a competent problem solver through games that uncover patterns and sequences.
She feels that this level is too tough for me as I am not good with pattern & sequences yet. Will I pay attention to instructions? Since now when she is playing with me I don't even listen to her instructions. I enjoy to explore it myself.

On top of this, she has doubts about my safety during the lesson. When I walked away from her there were no one watching out for me or stop me when shes trying to catch up with me. Not even the parents there help each other watch out too. All were to themselves. If mummy is not able to catch up with me, there's a possibility if I trip and fall & no one is there to prevent it from happening.

Next week I'll be attending another trial lesson from Tumble Tots. She hope it'll be better.

3 comments:

Angeline said...

he looks as if he was in Wonderland!

Jarrett Growing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jarrett Growing said...

Oh yea! He had a great time there.